The Wiener Philharmonic

The official blog for sketch comedy group the Wiener Philharmonic, aka "the Wieners" aka "Wiens" aka "your nuts" aka "you're nuts." Come see us perform!

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Jules' Vicodin Movie Reviews

I had some teeth pulled yesterday
so I'm at home in CT recovering and watching TV and movies. Watching Daytime TV is like having a baby spit up soft foods all over your face for hours, slowly. So I rented the Age of Innocence, starring Michelle Pfeiffer and Daniel Day Lewis. Pretty ladies, pretty taffeta, pretty stupid. No story.

HAVE YOU READ/SEEN ETHAN FROME?? that is a crazy movie, another Edith Wharton. I'll tell you what happens at the end: the hero, E. Frome, finally gets with his mistress, goes on a victory sleigh ride down a mountian and hits a tree and becomes retarded. It's so awkward. I dont remember what I'm talking about. but I am dizzy. also weirdly, there is literally a tiny pane of glass between my family room and THIS:



actually my mom is out playing tennis but if she were here she would run out on all fours and chase the deer, barking, to convince the deer that our Rottweiler, Isolde, dead for 4 years now, is still protecting the house.

vs.

I certainly can't tell the difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home