The Wiener Philharmonic

The official blog for sketch comedy group the Wiener Philharmonic, aka "the Wieners" aka "Wiens" aka "your nuts" aka "you're nuts." Come see us perform!

Monday, June 13, 2005

Sunny Came Home

In case anyone wanted to know, the best way to really cap off an evening of mind-blowing karaoke is to sing "Sunny Came Home" by Shawn Colvin. Now, I have been told by many a person that my voice sounds something like a wailing baby seal.


Nothing, however, brings that out more than the saddest, whiniest song ever. The tough high notes are what really declare to the audience that Sunny is in trouble. Unfortunately though, I was unable to accurately portray the emotional range of this song as I tripped over most of the non-chorus lines and employed some haphazard dance moves to cover. But as I was trying to figure out what I was supposed to be singing, I looked into the audience for guidance.


To my surprise, there was a slew of serious looking punk rockers (piercings, mohawks, ripped tights, tattoos, tiny pants, etc), who knew all of the words and sang along...with feeling. And not only did they sing along to "Sunny Came Home," but they sang along to Celine Dion, show tunes, and other adult contemporary classics. Those pussies guided me until the last note and my douchey little heart was full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home