The Wiener Philharmonic

The official blog for sketch comedy group the Wiener Philharmonic, aka "the Wieners" aka "Wiens" aka "your nuts" aka "you're nuts." Come see us perform!

Friday, June 24, 2005

Summer Cramp

I just got off the phone with my 8 yr-old half sister, Corille, and she just told me how she ziplined into the lake at camp. I would like to remind everyone that this is the same sister who fell into my grandmother's open grave at my grandmother's funeral, while singing "Grandma Lila is Dead."


Anyway, I just got a little nostalgic, now that it's summertime, for my very own all-girl, uber-WASPy Camp Merrie-Woode. Camp Merrie-Woode, unlike other Camps, does not focus on the traditions of Native Americans. Its heritage surrounds the folklore of the King Arthur tale and the campers who've been to camp the most number of years are asked to participate in the coveted reenactment of the Round Table followed by the search for the Holy Grail. Picture tiny Jessica Simpsons dressed as knights.

I also miss the uniforms.

Camp Merrie Woode:


Parent Trap 1961:

Pretty much the same.

And the archery, I miss the archery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home