The Wiener Philharmonic

The official blog for sketch comedy group the Wiener Philharmonic, aka "the Wieners" aka "Wiens" aka "your nuts" aka "you're nuts." Come see us perform!

Monday, May 23, 2005

Jenny Needs the Dollars

I'm not sure about it, but I think I should maybe get a second job. When I was in fourth grade my parents bought me a desk on which to do my homework. On either side where two small drawers, "secret drawers", if you will. The drawers marked the inception of my independence, of my own personal handling of my finances and possessions. In one drawer I saved my money, and in the other I kept a secret stash of junior mints, unopened and waiting to be eaten in the space between my two twin beds. When Hanukkah rolled around, I checked my savings in one of the secret drawers and I think I had like 42 dollars. It was enough to buy gifts for my entire family...From Spencer's Gifts. Here is what the gift list may have looked like

Gifts
Mom: Key chain that says, "yeah, and I want a million bucks!"
Dad: Fart spray
Stacey: Bunny with the face of a baby
Abby: Glass filled with rubber pina colada in it

Lately, I've been thinking that with my current savings account, I'm in basically the same position: I can only afford things that shouldn't even be sold.

That's why I've decided to take this new job. I had my training yesterday and I think I'm going to love it! YAAAAAYYY!!!

Love,
Jenny

PS: the junior mints ended up tasting like wood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home