The Wiener Philharmonic

The official blog for sketch comedy group the Wiener Philharmonic, aka "the Wieners" aka "Wiens" aka "your nuts" aka "you're nuts." Come see us perform!

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Pushin' til I'm Putin

Today, I had a free health assessment as part of my gym membership. I have always been quite terrified of personal training sessions, due to my fear of being judged for my weak and flabby body. So, when asked whether or not I wanted a man or woman as my trainer, I squealed, "whatevs!" That's when the counterlady perused the appointment folder and then assigned me to Mikhail. I had no idea who Mikhail was, but was sure that he was going to turn me into a warrior like Tom Cruise. Being the doughy dumpling-cake that I am, I patiently skipped over to a tiny chair and waited for my personal life coach to appear. I decided to pass the time by watching a class taking place in the workout studio. It was kickboxing. Just as I peered in, the leathery, brutish, hard-bodied instructor did a jumping spinkick into a punching bag, which nearly ripped in two. Subsequently, after this impressive move, one of his pupils chirped, "Hey Mikhail, like this?" Point being is that I am made of pastry filling and my personal trainer was chiseled out of ice from a million years ago.

My health assessment started with a flab check, flexibility test, and weigh in. I failed all three and was punched in the anus. I did okay on sit-ups and cardio, but made a weak impression with my muscle strength test. He first put me on an arm machine, where I was literally only lifting 50 lbs. and was shaking violently enough for my hair to fall out of a ponytail (a side ponytail, heh heh). Then, he tested my leg strength with that machine where you sit upright and put your feet on a flat surface ahead of you and then push. I will call it the birthing machine, because when he put my weight setting at 210 lbs., I pushed so hard that I partially squeezed out my tampon. After putting my results into the computer, we chatted about ice hockey and he told me to go kill myself. I said thank you, licked his bicep, and made an appointment with him on Monday. My tummy says, "See you later suckers!!!!"

lots of love,
Michael Elliot Barry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home