The Wiener Philharmonic

The official blog for sketch comedy group the Wiener Philharmonic, aka "the Wieners" aka "Wiens" aka "your nuts" aka "you're nuts." Come see us perform!

Monday, May 16, 2005

Celebreality Is Humiliating

While standing with my ex-roomate from college in downtown manhattan, I bumped into a person that I knew, not very well, and stopped to have a "hey" and "how are you". As I just said in the last sentence, I don't know this person, but I like them and, let's face it: i ALWAYS want to show the world and its people that, you guessed it, I'm very cool.

That's right, I'm cool, and I keep getting cooler and cooler. The only thing that might not convince this particular person of how, (dare i say it?), "chill" i am is that instead of saying goodbye, I did this.

JENNY: Cool. Well, see ya! (cue peace sign forming in jenny's hand). No, no, that's not a typo. I gave someone the peace sign today! BOOOO!!!! NOT A BACKWARDS PEACE SIGN, AND NOT AN IRONIC ONE. I SERIOUSLY GAVE THE PEACE SIGN AND WALKED AWAY.

Just a little less embarassing than the time in 7th grade when i walked around all day and took a latin exam with a pair of old yesterday's underwear sticking out of the bottom of my flannel lined jeans. Thank god they fell though! Thank god that they fell out in the middle of the class room, and thank the heavens even more that my mother had sewn a bright red name-tag that said "JENNY SARAH SLATE" on it. Thank god that that was sewn into the underpants, and furthermore, that the underpants were pale yellow zebra underpants, and that they were in the middle of the classroom floor.

Moral of this story? You can always double check your pant cuffs for last night or yesterday's underwear, but you can never predict when you wind up giving an important person the DOUCHIEST goodbye ever: the peace sign.

peace out!
love,
jenny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home